Hygiene Caring Kits
Girl Scouts of Silver Sage Council has identified a need in our communities and has developed a program for Idaho Gives Day to meet that need. Council-wide, troops will make hygiene caring kits to be donated to the most "in need" schools in their community.
Deadline to signup is April 7, 2017.
This project is another way for Girl Scouts to give back.
Hygiene Caring Kits Should Include Travel Size:
- Soap (bar or liquid)
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Additional options: deodorant, comb, floss, body lotion
- Small card with a message/inspirational quote/positive affirmation from a Girl Scout
Once your troop is signed up, we'll help you get organized.
- GSSSC will provide participating troops with cellophane bags and stickers to seal the kits. Troops will pick up these items at the office nearest them. GSSSC's Fund Dev. Team will send the bags and stickers to regional offices the last week of March so that you'll be prepared for troop pick up starting on March 31.
- Once troops are signed up, GSSSC Fund Dev. team will assign them a local school for the donation of kits.
- Troops will collect the items for the kits, create the small inspirational notes to go inside, and assemble them.
- Troops will deliver hygiene kits to the front office of their assigned school on IdahoGives Day - May 4, 2017 (GSSSC will notify all schools).
- Council-wide we're hoping to create 500 hygiene kits for children in our communities.
What We Need to Know:
- Is your troop participating?
- Hygiene Caring Kit goal for each troop
Click here for a printable Idaho Gives Troop Leader Checklist with helpful hints to make this project fun and easy.
Want to join or have questions? Please contact Melissa Cleland at email@example.com.