Learn about the:
4 Hours 4 Her Patch Program
There are only so many hours in a day, and girls and their families have to balance many interests, commitments and responsibilities.
That’s why Girl Scouting today is more flexible than ever! Girl Scout troops rely on volunteer support for girls to receive the best experience possible. Troop Leaders commit to provide primary guidance and support, and all families are asked to give what they can.
We’re asking for your promise of four hours per family per year — for her. AND…Girls can earn GSSSC’s Four Hours, For Her patch for four hours a parent/guardian volunteers with her troop.
*Note: All adults who help the troop regularly (more than 2 times), transport girls or handle troop funds must complete the GSSSC volunteer application and background check process.
What can a 4-hour promise really do?
4 Her Promise is an open door to participation for parents and family members.
- It can build a solid support base, and strengthen a girl’s chances of longevity with the troop.
- You’ll witness the positive effect your participation has on the troop and your daughter.
- Your troop can accomplish so much more, with just a little help.
- Communication between you and other troop families significantly increases.
- You build future volunteers as children witness parent volunteerism firsthand.